Sonntag, 20. November 2011

AMD 5

I read the article about Denglisch for this AMD. I thought it was really thought provoking and it made me wonder if this sort of thing could ever happen to English. I honestly don't think it will though becasue of the influence America has on advertising around the world. English really is becoming the universal language and the article mentioned that as a reason for the use of English words creeping into the German language. In a coutner point though, in the past, other country's words or parts of words have made their way into common usage of English. One example I can think of is the "tion" at the end of words like "obliteration" (there's a German rage word for you) which comes from French. Now I'm straying a little off topic, but overall I enjoyed the article and I definitely found it to be an interesting topic.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.