Additional surprises included the incorporation of an apostrophe-type substance which indicates possession; the expressions "statement" and "event", and words such a "peeling" to describe products. Es ist sicher dass traditional leute auf Deutschland this language hassen, aber ich bin surprised that it's taking a hold over younger generations. I guess it aligns with common 21st-century themes of globalization and international business though, and in that sense, I understand the popularization of Denglisch.
Donnerstag, 10. November 2011
AMD 5 - Calen Jones
I read the Wikipedia article about Denglisch for AMD 5. My immediate reaction is that if I were to travel to Deutschland, I wouldn't have that hard of a time understanding the locals, especially if most of them understand at least a little English. The incorporation of the English language into German culture also seems surprising at first; Germany strikes me as a country that is traditional, opposed to westernization, and slow to change. The most surprising facet of the article was Germany's taking to American music on the radio and within its own pop culture.
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.