Montag, 5. Dezember 2011

Kultur6

And at last we come to the end of our adventures in German culture with Spiegel online. It was certainly fun. Turns out Spiegel is great for all kinds of things, even legitimate news! But I digress. At any rate, these articles were interesting, especially the one about the doors. Perhaps it has to do with the fact that Germany was split up during the Cold War, and espionage was a real threat. Officials wouldn’t want wandering ears to overhear anything that they shouldn’t be, and as a result doors remained closed. German obsessiveness when it comes to trash was not surprising. We have multiple trash bins here at UofM, especially at the Bschool. It doesn’t surprise me at all that Germany would have a similar system; it’s a very green country. I thought it was funny that the article mentioned how the cans issue was interfering with more pressing concerns, like the debt crisis, which Germany still has no desire to work with. Finally, I was actually shocked by the article about the press. Though I guess it could be taken has German adherence to freedom of press rights. It also makes sense that the shocking material wouldn’t matter to Germans, what with all their sex shops, but I just find it curious that they would be so interested in such trivial nonsense.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.