It was interesting to read the Brennpunkt Kultur on page 202 which described student housing for universities. I was a little surprised (at first) to read that Tübingen dorms only house 19% of the students, but I guess that makes sense considering it's Europe. I heard from a Hungarian friend that many people there live as a big family, or at least traditionally, that's the case. I wonder if it's similar in Germany or if it's just mainly students who live with parents and relatives.
It's good to know about the door manners, too! I'm not sure if I'd ever overcome my Americanism and be able to barge into a room, but hopefully I won't encounter many such situations.
I had no idea Tübingen was so famous and it's pretty cool Johannes Kepler was there. Such historical institutions serve so many educational and cultural purposes, and I think it's an honor for Ann Arbor to be a sister-city!
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.