The writers for this site are hilarious! They must have so much fun picking apart German culture and writing about its more, shall we say odd aspects. Germans will run over you to get on a train but apparently when it comes to flirting they are much more reserved. And yet sex shops are no big deal! If the point of the articles is to draw a diverse and unconventional picture of German culture then I would say that they succeeded. I must admit after reading the article on how to pick up women in Germany I am terrified. I think I would rather go to an Airport sex shop then attempt to pick up a German woman at a bar. But I guess this is how German men act so maybe I would fit right in! My favorite article is about the Klofrau, while American's only get bathroom attendants in the movies and at fancy restaurants, Germans get them everywhere! How cool is that, and to be honest I don't think I would mind paying some pocket change if I knew I would have a friendly German to keep the restroom spick and span! I just hope I get to Germany before they are all replaced by the way less cool automatic toilets. I found the statistics in the Women in Germany article interesting. Somethings were the same as here, women make less money, difficult to rise to positions of power etc. Some were different like the social systems in place to support German prostitutes, very cool. The more I learn about Germany the more I find that in a lot of strange ways it is a country that gets things right!
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.