I feel like the german use of "Entschuldigung" is comprable to the attitudes and stereotypes of New Yorkers; there's lot of them, and their rushed, close, and busy. Although, the drawing blood part was mildly intimidating....
The sex shop bit was also a bit alarming, but then again, Europeans in general are MUCH more open then Americans are. So, I could see how they wouldn't really care.
And in other countries, I've encountered a "toilet lady," so this is further not surprising that Germany has these employees. I do like America's way of keeping a bathroom clean with janitors much better, though. I just feel bad for these women.
I do like the German's method of flirting better, however, to an extent. As funny and entertaining as American pick-up-lines are, they're not really flattering or useful in any real situation. So I would find subtly much more appropriate. However, the complete lack of understanding and communication is also maladaptive, and a little confusing how this pattern still holds. But, whatever works.
Along of the lines of pairing up. The thing that surprised me the most was how the number of people divorced in 2002 was half of how many people got married. That seems unbelievably high, and I can't imagine that it's gotten much better since then. Then again, I don't know the numbers for the Unites States, and I can't imagine it's much better. Regardless, that made me sad.
Interesting stuff!
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.