As promised, I tried watching something a little less familiar to me in Deutsch, no subtitles. It was definitely a lot more difficult. I watched part of Episode VI of Star Wars, but not all because there's a lot of gibberish spoken and not as ample a sample of dialogue. I kept my ears open for the conversational past as that is the most recent new thing we've learned in class. I heard "getroffen" and "gesagt" as well as the narrative "sagte". Other sentences I caught were "Sag mich Yoda, ist Darth Vader meinen Vater?" and "Komm hier" and "Ich brauche deine Hilfe." I noticed "stand-by" was still "stand-by", and Skywalker was also pronounced the same, but "Jedi" was pronounced using the German "j". I noticed a lot of other phrases and words as well, but that is not so significant.
I skipped to the Yoda parts because I wanted to see how it would be spoken over in German. Just in case anybody is not familiar with Star Wars, Yoda speaks... strangely. He says things like "Judge me by size, do you?" and "Mourn them do not. Miss them do not." and "Luke, when gone am I, the last of the Jedi will you be." The only example I caught was "Deine Vater er ist."
I also listened to the news clip in German read slowly that Mate sent. I don't know if the link will connect you to the exact clip I heard. I think in my clip, the reporter was talking a lot about Angela Merkel and the German economy. I kept on hearing "euro." I also heard "gegangen" and "gegeben", the past tenses. I also heard a piece about Japan and the tsunami with a mention of "bezieunge" in the middle. I'm guessing it had something to do with the effect the earthquake and tsunami of März had on Japan.
It was good to hear the news clip slowly. I didn't understand it completely, but I understood more of that then I did the Star Wars.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.