Samstag, 29. Oktober 2011
Ben Lemisch AMD 4
As it so happens the man who lives across the hall from me in my dorm speaks fluent German; he overhead me and another Germans student, who shall remain nameless, yelling back and forth from our rooms, “Stehen Sie Auf!” and “Klicken Sie hier!”. He later joined in a conversation with me speaking only German. I had known the gentleman in question for a weeks now and it I had an idea about what to ask him about based on what we had learned about family and foot in class. We talked for about a half hour varying from interests in food to our family members to what we like to do. I found it surprisingly easy to ask him short specific sentences and receive answers I could understand. I didn’t realize how much information I had picked up from both the partner exercises in class and from the listening activities. While I certainly cannot get up in front of a group of people and give an informative speech in German yet, I am able to speak “intelligently” to someone about their lives and activities. I enjoyed speaking German with my friend and look forward to learning new topics to discuss and the words to carry them out.
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.