Samstag, 29. Oktober 2011

AMD 4

Ich liebe Deutsch lernen! For the fourth AMD I decided to check out "Livemocha," which I've heard many good things about. I went straight to the beginners activities and tried a few of the writing and speaking practices and looked at some flashcards. The speaking was clearly not very hard given that most had audio tracks that you could listen to. For example, one of the ones I did compared the pronunciations of difference sounds, focussing on umlauts; like, what the difference in sound was between "Käse" and "Nächte." I'm going to dig through these to see if I can't find one with step by step instructions on how to pronounce "R's" properly. I find myself rolling my tongue and essentially purring while doing german homework anyways, so I'm sure I'll eventually master it.
The writing practice was a little trickier than expected. But the biggest issue with that was a lack of vocabulary knowledge, making it hard to do what was actually being tested, such as using the correct pronouns. Another exercise was picking out what didn't belong in the list (i.e. "Die Turm passt nicht in den Satz."). Again, that was made a lot harder without knowing what the majority of the words were....
This also has a flashcard generator where you can make your own flashcard banks to review and take tests off of, or you can use flashcard banks that other people have made. For example "wildnine" made these sentences into flashcards: Es ist kein Kaffee. Es sind Süßigkeiten; Es sind keine Süßigkeiten. Es ist Geld; Er hat einen braunen Schnurrbart. All very good things to know!
Lastly, every time you finish an exercise, you are given the option of reviewing/editing someone else's work, which I think is a wonderful idea. So I reviewed a couple of letters, which were all well written, but had a few comical grammer mistakes. Now I'm just waiting for feedback on my work!
Definitely something I'll go back to for practice. Es ist sehr gut!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.