Sonntag, 16. Oktober 2011

AMD 3

For my third AMD I decided to watch an episode of South Park in German. Due to my busy Fall Break schedule, I did not have a chance to pick one of the more exciting AMDs. Regardless, I still enjoyed this AMD. I picked the episode called, "Scott Tenorman Must Die." Since I had already seen this episode a few times, I decided to watch it without subtitles in strictly German. I tried my best to pick apart the exact words the characters were saying, but I was rather unsuccessful. I was able to sense an overall theme of what they were saying due to their actions and my previous knowledge of the episode. However, I picked up a few sayings that we have learned in German so far such as "Was ist das?" and "Wo bist du?" I had some pride when hearing these, but they were pretty rare throughout the 22 minutes. For those of you who have not seen this episode, Cartman gets revenge on Scott Tenorman for stealing money from him and humiliating him. His revenge is that he has Scott's parents killed and then cooked into a chili that Scott eats at the end of the episode. Thus, not many words that they say would I have been able to understand. I would choose to watch another episode in German just for fun, because I kind of enjoyed finding those little sayings that I knew.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.