Donnerstag, 29. September 2011

Kultur 2

I really enjoyed this selection of articles, as they provide a more personal view of the German people I would otherwise not be able to know. The directness of German culture was an aspect I found especially endearing. As a few other people also posted, the refreshing nature of speaking directly, rather than in constant duplicity, would be a welcome change of pace. Similarly, I feel like less of a nerd knowing there is an entire country (for the most part, I assume) that is fascinated by statistics. When I meet people from another country, I feel like I bombard then with questions just like those the article mentions (it may make me look weird, but I’m curious!). Lastly, it puts me at ease to know staring at people awkwardly can be considered a civic duty. I’ll remember that when crazy people on the bus stare at me—they’re not actually crazy, they’re probably just with the Stasi.

-Cole

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.