I was not aware of all of the cultural differences between Americans and Germans. After reading these articles, I immediately thought about my mother whom takes multiple business trips a year to Germany. The extreme differences in simple, everyday life, had to catch my mother in a whirlwind every time she went over there. From the abnormal stares, to the brutally honest people, I'm sure my mother just nodded her head and smiled.
I also found it quite interesting how important statistics were to the everyday German. Its funny to think how certain questions such as "how larger is your home city?" or "What percentage of your population follows a certain religion?" are conversation starters and important information for Germans. I know I'd have to brush up on some facts of my home city before I had an encounter with a German.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.