Montag, 19. September 2011

AMD - Nikolas Remley

For this assignment I decided to watch a movie in German. I've had this movie on my to-watch list so it wouldn't too much a waste of time. Anyway, I watched the movie The Lives of Others. The movie was sehr gut even though I understood very little of the German. I thought that hearing the German and reading the subtitles might help me a little, but it didn't matter too much. Anyway, the movie was set in Germany during the Berlin Wall situation. An agent was assigned to spy on a couple to try and ensure that they weren't going against the government. Eventually, this spy gets too involved and grows obsessed with the couple. He even finds out about their plans to escape Communist Germany, but does nothing so he can continue to be with them, even if its only by watching them through cameras. Top notch movie to be honest.

Regarding the German language in this movie, it was a bit difficult to understand. However, I am only in German 101, so the complicated word choice the film presents will be very difficult.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.