Sonntag, 18. September 2011

AMD 1 - Andrew McBride

For this assignment, I decided to change my Facebook settings to Deutsch for a while. One of the first things that I noticed was how easily it was to still get around the website. This is because, though everything was in another language, I was still able to remember where everything was, which is a testament to how well the Facebook website is designed and to how much and how I have used Facebook.

Several aspects of the site were relatively easy to recognize, either because I had already learned the German word or because the word was either taken from English or a close cognate. These included "Freunde" (Friends), "Gruppen" (Groups), "Minuten" (Minutes), and "Favoriten" (Favorites). I was also able to decipher certain phrases, such as "Du bist gerade offline. Um mit Freunden zu chatten, online gehen." There are enough easy cognates and words that I have already learned that it did not matter that there were words in the sentences that I did not yet know.

I think that I will keep my Facebook settings in Deutsch for the semester, as it seems like it will help me to learn more vocabulary words and grammar. It may be difficult at times, but I'm sure that with enough context clues, including the placement of objects and words on the site, I should have little trouble!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.