Donnerstag, 15. Dezember 2011

Kultur 3 - Taylor Gray

The articles from the Kultur section of Chapter 3 were particularly interesting because of their emphasis on Beir and food - my favorite subjects. The first article about how big of a role Beer plays in the German kultur was the most eye-opening for me. I had no idea that beer could be found at the movies or at your local McDonalds. Or that a bottle or two at lunch was a typical construction workers' beverage of choice. It almost seems like their beer is equal to our water!
Etiquette while drinking a beer at a social event was funny to read about as well. I learned what I should and should-not do and what beers I should stay away from. I know now to make sure I make eye contact before a toast, because if now I will suffer with bad sex for 7 years!!! If I were to go out and have a beer with some friends, based off of my readings I would choose to go with a "Berliner Weisse"- the weakest beer at a measly 2.8% alcohol content. Better to be looked at as a punk, then be walking around like a drunk.
The later articles focused a bit on food and I learned that Germans were very conscious of their health and environment. It amazed me how much they value organic foods and how they almost despise our "American" ways of eating. If I were to ever take a trip to Germany I would definitely try some of their foods and ways of eating instead of the typical Mcdonald's, Burger King's, and KFC's. Eventually I might even try a stronger beer as well!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.