Mittwoch, 7. Dezember 2011

For my Chapter 6 AMD I watched “Eine Stadt sucht einen Morder”, which is a German classic and the very first of the serial killer genre. Considering the immense popularity of serial killer movies and the history of long lived series of this kind (Scream, Saw, etc.) I was really impressed when I found out a German director was the pioneer of this field. Apparently Alfred Hitchcock was a follower of Fritz Lang’s work and inspired by his particular directorial style. Knowing this, it was really cool watching Lang’s movie and seeing particular features (such as use of shadows) that later inspired and were used by Hitchcock. Now to the German. I watched the movie with the subtitles and can’t imagine I would be able to understand much without them. Additionally, I’ve found that if I know what’s about to be said, I can hear and pick out certain words and phrases that I otherwise couldn’t. I’ve also noticed that it’s very difficult to pick out words/hear what’s being said if I’m not familiar with it. With that being said, I really do believe that it’s immensely important to work on my verbal skills and pronunciation, as this will facilitate greatly in conversation. All in all, definitely a movie worth watching.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.