Sonntag, 4. Dezember 2011
AMD 6 Ben Lemisch
For this AMD I listened to some German Music. I tried to find several genres to listen to but from the short time I spent on Youtube I'm sure I barely scratched the surface. Many say that Music is the universal language and I believe this to be true. While there were some things in the videos that I couldn't understand; like something about a rabbit and a labyrinth, I could still understand the majority of the song based on the German I've picked up and the tone of the song. Just like listening to Der Tod und das Madchen the music helped me to understand the meaning behind the words and made it easier to piece together the meaning of the song. I listened to German rock, pop, and techno...there was alot of German techno. I wasn't too fond of the techno or pop but I dont listen to them in English, and the techno didnt really have any German speaking in it so it was a moot point. I liked the rock music I listened to, which is also what I like to listen to in English. The style of music was more appealing to me in the rock genre and the singers often spoke slow enough for me to catch more of the lyrics, which was a problem with the pop songs. Over all I liked German music because it's music; the notes carry the weight of the song and it is possible to understand the context of the song without lyrics, e.g. classical music. Listening to music from other cultures is a fun experience and I look forward to the point when I am able to understand more of the lyrics in German.
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.