Dienstag, 1. November 2011

Faz.net

For this chapters AMD I explored www.faz.net; the website for the German newspaper Frankefurter Allemeine Zeitung. I was a little skeptical as to how successful of an activity this would be ie. how much I’d actually be able to understand, but still thought it was worth trying. Once there, I was able to understand enough German to navigate the pages from the “Politik, Sport, Finanzen, Technik und Motor, Wissen, und Reise” tabs and even read a few headlines and phrases from articles. Most of the headlines had components and phrases I recognized but there were few I could read completely. A couple were “Nicht ohne ihn in Berlin”, “Wir sehen uns in Tokio”, and “Mainz singt, Deutschland lacht”. Even though it’s not as if I could sit and read any of the articles, it still was fun to try to pick out sentences or guess the meaning of them. I’d like to try and periodically visit the Frankefurter for practice and to see if I am able to notice my German improving. If anyone’s looking for an AMD activity try this site; it’ll be fun to see/use what you know so far.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.