Sonntag, 13. November 2011
AMD 5, John Borger
So for this AMD I decided to read the article about Denglisch. I found this article kind of funny. I think it is funny how some of the older German generation is trying to resist this transition for many reasons, including the fact that they are less familiar with these English phrases. Also, how can Microsoft just create new German and ignore all of the complaints? English seems to be really taking its place in Germany. I find it more interesting though that a lot of the words that are now present in German usage do not necessarily mean the same thing that they did when they were in English. (Z.B. Paper would mean a scientific paper or brief, but not a paper in the sense of a piece of paper) I wonder how this came to be as it would seem that a piece of paper would be a much more frequent word. I also noted how some of these incorrect German constructions are being used in newspapers and other formal outlets. I feel that this gives some validity to the Denglisch and justifies its usage throughout Germany.
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.