Germans are becoming harder and harder to define with each article I read. This makes a certain amount of sense I suppose. I mean we are talking about a culture of nearly 80 million people. The first articles I read focused on German drinking, specifically in public and beers. The relationship between the two does seem a little twisted and odd. On one hand no one wants public drunkenness, on the other hand it is socially acceptable to drink beer to quench your thirst. As a 21 year old can I just mention that if I were to order a beer in half the places they are available my friends would probably stage an intervention. Not so in Germany where apparently even offices have a nice stash of brew. The fact that Germany has rooms specifically for those who overindulge (in a way to combat public drunkenness) to me seems like they are kind of missing the point. The other article I read was about German fast food none of which sounded to appealing to me. I guess I would have some sort of wurst but the raw minced pork sounded..... unappetizing. The last two articles I read were my favorites, the one about how Germans hate life and yet sometimes enjoy a good laugh. At first I found the sad world view Germans have to be depressing but now I think its just kind of cute. Maybe they have just been disappointed one to many times and don't want to get their hopes up, who knows? The article on German humor I did not believe as much at first. How could a sense of humor change so drastically from region to region? But obviously these can't be hard rules but more of guides. In that way I think there are many similarities to American humor. The eastern and western parts of the country have a varied type of humor then the American heartland. For example half the country finds Two and a Half Men hilarious and I've never even seen the show (then again I also never saw Paul Blart: Mall Cop so maybe I'm not the target audience)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.