Sonntag, 30. Oktober 2011

AMD 4 - Calen Jones

A couple days ago, I spent quite a bit of time speaking Deutsch with a classmate in preparation for Oral Exam 1. This practice definitely helped for the exam, but it also changed my perspective a bit about der Deutschklasse.

Attempting to speak at length in German was a much needed changeup from the regular iLrn Hausaufgaben; the challenge of verbal communication entertained and motivated me as we soon went way off-topic from the study guide. In the beginning, I tried to communicate complicated expressions that we haven't learned; as these endeavors proved fruitless, I began to think more about different ways to get my message across. We discussed topics such as our families and friends, hometowns, how we spend our freizeit, food and drinks, etc. I was able to say things like "Meine mutter hört die Hosen auf die Familie" and "Ich fahre nach Hause für zwei Wochen." Ich war sehr surprised at my success in communicating my thoughts.

All in all, I envisioned it as something I would experience frequently if I ever go to Deutschland, and it was enjoyable to use the language practically. I hope to make it to the Kaffeestunde in the near future as well.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.