Dienstag, 18. Oktober 2011

AMD 3

For this AMD I decided to watch the German language channel that is on the campus cable. I had noticed the channel while flipping through channels a few weeks ago and decided why not try watching it for AMD? This turned out to be an excellent use of my time.
I tuned in about half way through a cooking program. The host was comparing different types of pizzas and I was surprised at how much I could understand of what he was saying. The host was pretty eccentric and kept pointing to what I can only guess was the sauce to cheese ratio. I think I was right in my assumption as in the end he had ranked the three pizzas and the one (I thought) had the best ratio was crowned best.
After the cooking show was some sort of German comedy show. This little blonde man walked out on to the stage and started telling jokes. He must have been very funny because they kept showing German men laughing so hard they had tears in their eyes. This reminded me of the reading we had to for our last Kultur post, and if I had to guess this show was most likely a take off on the new comedy clubs. While I enjoyed watching grown men reduced to laughing puddles of tears, I must admit most of the jokes shot right over my head.
Of the two shows I watched I enjoyed the cooking one more, mostly because I understood more of what was going on. That being said I will definitely be watching more German TV as I think I learned a lot and it was a pretty good time!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.