For my second cultural post I decided to cruise the Deutsche Welle website. Deutsche Welle is like the German BBC and it was full of interesting content. After checking out a few articles about the German reunification (the anniversary is coming up) I decided to watch some videos. The site has programs in both English and German. I watched the show Discover Germany, which was focused on the city of Leipzig. It was pretty entertaining my favorite part was when they had a local student show us her 'favorite secret spots'. After watching about twenty minutes I found the German version (Hin & Weg), I was surprised at how much I understood. This was most likely due to the fact that I had just watched the English version and the two are more or less identical. However I did find it funny that the German presenter was much more graceful sounding in her native German than in her accented English. All in all I found the activity very enjoyable and would certainly do it again. By the way my football club Borussia Dortmund is currently in 6th in the Bundesligua with 13 points. They killed FC Augsburg 4-0 on the 1st and don't play again until the 14th. Tschuss!
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.