Sonntag, 2. Oktober 2011

AMD 2 for Ben Lemisch

Today for my AMD I watched The Simpsons Der Film in German. I have been a huge fan on The Simpsons for years but this was my first time watching them in German. I was surprised at how much I was able to pick up and understand from the movie; although this may have been due to how many times I've seen it before. One item which I was able to pick out which is quickly becoming one of my favorite things to say is, "warum du etwas!" or "Why you little!". For those of you who are not Simpsons fans this is what Homer yells prior to strangling Bart. Watching this movie made me look up more German clips of The Simpsons online and there are plenty of them. For whatever reason Fox does not target the German translations of The Simpsons episodes so there are many high quality versions of the clips on Youtube.
One huge difference between the English version of The Simpsons and the German counterpart are the VOICES used. I never realized how much I identified each character with their unique voice until I watched the German version. The Germans butcher the voices of the characters, they sound nothing at all like the originals. For me this wrecked some of the appeal of the movie because all I could think about was how much better the english voices are.
From what I've seen so far I like German culture but I think I'll keep watching The Simpsons in english...and avoid the prying eyes of elderly German women...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.