Mittwoch, 14. September 2011

Kultur 1

Nikolas Remley
German 101-002
Kultur 1

I found this article to be somewhat intriguing due to my German ancestry. Part of the reason I took German was so I could learn a little more about my ancestors, so I can relate a little to this article. My ancestors came from Pennsylvania and lived pretty stereotypical lives for 19th century German-Americans. Eventually, part of the family broke off and headed west, but I still do have a lot of family in Pennsylvania. The subject that most caught my attention was the first one, regarding how German culture has become less and less apparent in American culture. I found it interesting that this was due to the almost hatred of Germans in Europe. I remember from my US history class, that during the first quarter of the twentieth century, immigration from Europe was way more tightly controlled. So this, along with the information presented in the article, explains why this happened. Also, another subject that I found interesting was the one about the Amish. My ancestors used to be pretty Amish-like. Although I knew a lot about the Amish before reading this article, the article brought up some information that I didn't know. Overall, I found this article to be pretty interesting due to my personal situation. Regardless, I still found it to be very informative.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.