Sonntag, 18. September 2011

AMD 1

For this assignment, I decided to change my Facebook language to German. I tend to spend way too much time on Facebook while I'm trying to do my homework anyway, so I guess I knocked out two birds with one stone.

One thing that surprised me was how many words remained similar or identical. "Profile" became "Profil." "Photo" became "Foto." "Account" became "Konto."

There were, naturally, a lot of words that were nothing like their English translations. "Wall" became "Pinnwand." "Logout" became "Abmelden."

The cool thing is how much I recognized and understood. I recognized the words for mother, father, and sister. Looking at my album "Mobile Uploads," I noticed that in German, it is "Handy Uploads." That made me giggle.

A friend of mine is an exchange student in Germany this year. She went through two weeks of nothing but German classes. I looked on her profile and tried reading some of the status updates and conversations in German. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I understood.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.